Ionisation detectors are generally suitable for most applications. They are less vulnerable to false alarms by tobacco smoke, dense dust and insect ingress. They are more prone to false alarms from cooking fumes if sited in a hallway near a kitchen or on a landing.
Comes complete with lithium battery, hush button, mounting plate, mains LED, warning LED and protective dust cover. Can be interconnected with other Aico EI Detectors, either via hard wiring or simply by the use of an EI168RC Radiolink Base (See associated products below).
Why Use Lithium Detectors Instead Of Alkaline?
No battery replacement needed
6 months backup even without mains
Environmentally friendly-no special disposal requirements
- Each unit consists of a radio-frequency base-plate and the Ei161ionisation smoke alarm sensor
- Requires no cables between units
- Can be powered from the nearest light fitting
- Re-chargeable lithium battery backup guaranteed for 10 years
- 5 year warranty
- Can be interlinked with heat and optical alarms
- A maximum of 12 alarms can be interconnected including: - Ei168RC/EI164, Ei168RC/Ei166, Ei168RC/Ei2110
- Kitemarked to BS EN14604:2005
- Suitable for installations complying to BS 5839-6: 2013 Grade D, E and F
- CE marked
- With test and hush button
- LED display to show correct power supply
- Can transmit up to 30m in buildings
- Built-in radioLINK repeater function allows for the RF signal to work around obstructions