10 Reasons to Choose LED Lighting
1. Energy Efficient: LED's are vastly more energy efficient than incandescent (traditional) bulbs, reducing not only energy consumption/bills but also your carbon footprint
2. Long Life: LEDs have an estimated life of between 20,000 - 50,000 hours, in comparison to this traditional incandescent bulbs have an expected life span of 1000-2000 hours and even energy saving, long life, compact fluorescents will usually have a maximum life span of only 6,000 – 15,000 hours– another monetary saving.
3. Save Money: Although the initial out-lay for LED light bulbs is far greater than that of traditional incandescent or compact fluorescent light bulbs, the pay back is so great that LEDs really will save you money. LEDs use only a fraction of the energy of other light bulbs, saving you money on fuel bills. LEDs can last 50 times longer than traditional bulbs saving you money on not only the cost of the bulbs but on the time and money spent replacing blown bulbs.
4. Low Running temperature: Emitting very little heat, LEDs can be use to light delicate objects such as paintings and canvases. They also have the benefit of reducing the work of air-conditioners
5. No Mercury Content: CFLs (compact fluorescent bulbs), contain mercury so are required to be disposed of accordingly; LEDs require no such disposal requirements.
6. Dimmable: An increasing number of LEDs being introduced are fully dimmable. LEDs do not change colour when dimmed, unlike traditional incandescents which emit a yellow light when not at full brightness.
7. No UV emissions: Unlike other light bulbs i.e. CFL's, LEDs do not emit Ultra Violet light.
8. Instant Light: LEDs have no warm up time, unlike compact fluorescent bulbs, so reach full brightness immediately.
9. Easily Focused: The light emitting from an LED is easily directed, unlike that of incandescents and CFLs, so you can direct it exactly where you want it when you want it there.
10. Colour Rendering: LED lighting offers excellent colour rending, allowing you to make the very of your surroundings. Whether in a corridor or looking at art work, LEDs bring out the true colours, as they were meant.